Development Director • Argentina
Carlos Pellegrini, 1141
Buenos Aires-AR, Buenos Aires 1009 ABX
Development Director • Argentina
Rafael Nolazco joined C&W in 2016 as Director of Brokerage of the Argentina office and then became the PDS Head for Southern Cone Hispanic Countries. He has responsibility for attending corporate clients/accounts and all services related to PDS. His responsibilities also involve the leadership and implementation of different type or Real Estate transactions and projects for Corporate and local clients.
Prior to joining C&W, Mr. Nolazco spent 2 years at FSA First South American Investments, directing the real estate projects of the company within the Region (Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil), from the feasibility study to the delivery to final users or owners. Leads different types of projects, such as hotel, residential, industrial/logistic and office spaces. Organizes the best functional structure for each country and particularly for each project, according cost/benefit ratio. Implements Value Engineering process for every single project.
Rafael worked in C&W between 2009 and 2012, leading the Project Management area for Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. Previously, Rafael has worked 11 years at Citigroup in charge of Real Estate, Project Management, Building Operations and financial control of those areas for the Sub Region Latin America Sur (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay) portfolio. He also had the responsibility for the entire LatAm region of the overview of critical systems, Energy Management and sustainability/ environmental projects. Before Citigroup’s assignment, he spent 4 years as part of the McDonald’s Argentina Development team, acting as Regional Construction Manager and managing projects for new branches and the remodeling of existing ones. In this role he interacted with corporate vendors, national vendors, and also was responsible of the relations with Utility companies and governmental institutions.
Rafael holds a Civil Engineer degree from the University of Buenos Aires, an MBA from the CEMA and has completed a program for managing development at IAE
- Civil Engineer, University of Buenos Aires (UBA)
- MBA, CEMA-UCLA
- Management Development Program, IAE Business School (Universidad Austral)
- Commissioning Authority for LEED Certification, University of Wisconsin
- Since 2016, Rafael’s been working on building strong and mature teams who work seamlessly together as a team, among other teams and across borders. It’s vast knowledge in Real Estate service lines focusing on strategic planning and is key to the development of our service lines.
- In 2018, Rafael took a regional assignment as a Director of Development, that covers responsibilities in all south Latam Hispanic Countries.
- Between 2014 and 2016, he developed a savings plan for US$3.6M in Latam and Mexico. Its plan finally reached over U$S4M in opex savings.
- As Citibank’s Senior Asset Manager, he led due dilligence processes for:
- “Banco de Mayo” Acquisition (1998): 109 bank branches and 6 office and storage buildings where purchased for the bank’s portfolio with a U$S25M anual expense.
- “Provencred” acquisition (1999): the bank added 54 new branches, 25 outlets and 3 office locations in Cordoba, Argentina with a U$S 4M annual expense.
- “Siembra” acquisition (2002): 56 new branches and 2 office buildings were added to the bank’s portfolio with a U$S 4M annual expense.
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Asset Management
MarketBeat • Insights
Article • Office
Office Beat Market | 2nd quarter 2019