Such investment will have a transformational effect on our society and will be a major contributor to the energy transition and the reduction of our CO2 emissions. We have a unique opportunity to play an instrumental part in enabling that transition, and real estate is absolutely fundamental to this.
Cushman & Wakefield provides a wide range of consulting, development and investment advice services in the energy and infrastructure sector. We have specialised expertise in the field of energy, renewables, water, waste, ports, airports and petrochemicals.
Our experts have extensive experience of working client-side for some of Europe’s largest energy and infrastructure organisations. They offer real estate solutions that maximise the value of the clients' assets, generate profits and de-risk the clients' projects. We have organised consulting and transactional advice on a wide range of high value, complex and confidential projects of national significance, including:
- Advising on closure and disposal of legacy brownfield land assets following closure of heavy industrial plants such as power stations, water treatment plants, and surplus land at ports and airports
- Raising low cost real estate equity capital for new project development through leveraging freehold or leasehold structures
- Refinancing existing infrastructure assets to release capital
- Land assembly for new infrastructure projects, particularly in energy and renewables
- Planning and development advice for new projects
- Monetisation of surplus corporate landholdings
Clients include RWE, Exxon Mobil, EPH, Orsted, National Grid Property, Shell, The GLA, Associated British Ports, Innogy, British Airways, HS2, Edinburgh Airport and Rio Tinto.