Such an investment will have a transformational effect in the United Kingdom and will make a significant contribution to the decarbonisation of the economy and the energy transition. We have a unique opportunity to play an instrumental part in this transition, and real estate is a key element.
Cushman & Wakefield offers a broad range of development and investment advice in the energy and infrastructure sectors. We are specialists in the fields of energy, renewable energies, water, waste, ports, airports and petrochemicals.
Our experts work with some of the largest European utilities and infrastructure companies, contributing towards generating profits and reducing risks related to their real estate projects. We offer our clients advice on a wide range of complex and confidential projects, including:
- Advising on closure and disposal of legacy brownfield land assets following closure of heavy industrial plants such as power stations, water treatment plants and surplus land at ports and airports.
- Raising low-cost real estate equity capital for the development of new projects through leveraging freehold or leasehold structures.
- Refinancing existing infrastructure assets to release capital.
- Land assembly for new infrastructure projects, particularly in energy and renewable energies.
- Advising on planning and development for new projects and support for planning and DCO process.
- Monetisation of surplus corporate landholdings.
Our clients include RWE, Exxon Mobil, EPH, Orsted, National Grid Property, Shell, The Greater London Authority, Associated British Ports, Innogy, British Airways, HS2, Edinburgh Airport and Rio Tinto