These issues will determine the quality of our living environment and the attractiveness of our economic climate in the coming decades. (Inner city) area development, redevelopment, transformation and densification are instruments that fit the scale of these challenges. Underutilized areas and real estate are revived, so that scarce space can be used more economically (or more efficiently), companies are given new location options, the economic base for facilities is increased, commuter traffic is limited and the need for large-scale out-of-town expansion is at the expense of landscape quality, is reduced. Moreover, integrated area development offers the possibility of realizing a mix of functions, programs and facilities that would be financially-commercially unfeasible in individual project development. A sustainable solution in which we also make the Netherlands more beautiful.
Ingredients for successful development processes
Area, redevelopment and transformation can only be successful if the initiator has the right knowledge, competences, persuasiveness and capital or knows how to organize it around him. Customization is required because the context of development is always place and time dependent. The spatial economy, local, regional and (inter) national market conditions, forecasts, government policy, the distinctive character of the location and the perception, views and interests of stakeholders are important preconditions for success. These differ per function, which makes multifunctional development issues even more complex.
Independent, pragmatic and data-driven feasibility advice
Whether you are facing a large-scale renovation, transformation, redevelopment or a complete new-build development, we are able to advise you on this. Knowledge and data form the basis for many important (real estate) decisions. As a strategic real estate advisor, we actively provide all parties with area, redevelopment and transformation strategic advice in various phases of the development chain. We can provide the right knowledge, competences, persuasiveness and financing solutions. By linking our pragmatic market expertise to our quantitative market data, we provide you with strategic, independent and data-driven advice to optimize the quality of your program, design and process, after which we can guide the development, realization, commissioning and operation.
The need for a solid foundation will become more important in the future, due to the entry into force of the Environmental Act and Environmental Vision, which shifts the focus to the permit granting process. A well thought-out foundation promotes the completion of such a process. At the same time, independent and data-driven advice ensures that stakeholders such as governments, shareholders and consortium partners are communicated for more support in the decision-making process and more future-oriented choices.
Because we guide users, investors and policymakers in all segments of the real estate market on a daily basis with their location, housing and real estate issues, in combination with our knowledge of local market dynamics, we are uniquely able to enrich our data-driven advice with insights into the most current trends and future developments in space requirements, user requirements and real estate use. In this way we ensure market-based and future-proof development because the end product seamlessly responds to market needs from both a user and investor perspective. That is where our added value lies.
From the Real Estate Strategy & Innovation service line, we help a wide range of clients with issues such as:
- Is the area, redevelopment or transformation viable?
- What is the most optimal and market-based programming that suits the area, redevelopment or transformation?
- Which interpretation and allocation key of functions and segments are appropriate for the area, redevelopment or transformation?
- Which promising target groups are appropriate for the area, redevelopment or transformation?
- What are the associated user requirements and what is the use of space of these promising target groups that must be included in the design and concept?
- Does the concept of the area, redevelopment or transformation meet the market needs?
- What are competitive developments and how can this area, redevelopment or transformation distinguish itself?
- What is the distinctive character of the location and which market (demand) does this appeal to?
- How long will it take for the full programming to be absorbed by the market?
- What is the sales pace of an intended program and what are the associated benefits?
- What are redevelopment options for the disposition of existing real estate?
- How can the future-proofing of work locations, office buildings or business parks be optimized?
- What are competitive developments and associated success factors?
Curious about how we can advise and guide you with your strategic development issue? Contact our team.