Learn how we put our clients at the center of what's next
National Vision, Inc.
01 The Opportunity
02 The Solution
Our GOS team collaborated with NVI to develop a comprehensive turn-key solution comprised of a suite of transaction management, design, and project management services. Our professionals have delivered full services to manage the process, from site identification assistance and negotiating LOIs through to the entire design phase, including project management of site details such as vendor management, permitting, signage and utilities.
Over the years, Cushman & Wakefield’s turn-key services have helped NVI to significantly reduce both the costs and time required to open a location. NVI has also gained ongoing value from our transaction management services, with notable savings produced by our lease renewal and renegotiation efforts.
03 The Results
Today, National Vision, Inc. is one of the largest and fastest growing optical retailers in the United States with over 1,100 locations and more than 12,000 employees. NVI operates five distinct retail divisions, including America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision Centers inside select Wal-Mart locations, and Vista Optical inside Fred Meyer stores and on select military bases.
Since 2005, Cushman & Wakefiled cross-service teams have played a proud partnership role in NVI's growth success, delivering solid results, including:
- 700+ stores
- 15% increase in speed to market
- 550 ADA remodels completed in a six-month time period, including program management, design, GC selection, project management and project closeout
In 2018, our ongoing results included:
- Completed more than 6,000 Facilities Work Orders, with a 96% Service Level Performance
- Managed over $82 million in rent transmissions, with $350,000 in PLA invoice-review savings
- New Stores: Successfully opened 74 America’s Best & Eyeglass World locations, with a 3.83 change order percentage, beating our KPI goal of 5%
- Collected over $9 million in Tenant Improvement Allowance
- PDS value engineering savings of $1.7 million, exceeding our $1-million savings goal
- Completed 123 renewal transactions, achieving $274,000 in total free rent and $267,000 in Tenant Improvement Allowance, at an average annual base-rent adjustment of 1.38%
MEET THE TEAM
EMD, Account Management
Saint Louis, United States
MORE STORIES LIKE THIS ONE
Global Occupier Services (GOS)
Research • Economy
Sukhdeep Dhillon • 11/16/2022