Vice Chair • United States
BROKER VALUE IN ACTION
How do you create value for your clients?
I have dedicated my commercial real estate career to supporting the needs of Science & Technology clients. My clients leverage over a decade and a half of subject matter specialization and tenure at a singular firm which affords them my deep expertise. Also, immediate access to my extensive network of colleagues' knowledge through my co-leadership of the Cushman & Wakefield Life Science Advisory Group.
What innovative trends across Workplace and PropTech are you leveraging in your market or sector to help keep your clients competitive?
During the COVID pandemic, my clients have continued to occupy and use space for the research, development and manufacture of life saving technologies. Although most of these businesses didn't shut office space, many have been able to leverage the rapid development of BETTER real estate related technology tools. I have introduced Cushman & Wakefield's Digital Workplace Practice to several clients to help review and assess occupancy management tools that make managing hybrid work environments and shift occupancy of space easier.
If you had a lens into the future, where do you think Occupiers will be most focused in 2025?
As the Cushman & Wakefield Life Science report issued mid-2021 clearly articulated, Life Science is on the rise. Life science research, funding (both public & private investment), talent/life science workforce, volume of life science-specific spaces, and performance of life science properties are ALL on the rise. I believe data supports my opinion that Science & Tech companies with the highly complex real estate they occupy will continue to be an important asset class in 2025.
Deb leads a specialty practice group of local and national experts dedicated to all aspects of Science + Technology (S+T) real estate. She is especially experienced advising users of technically complex, highly improved spaces as they navigate layered occupancy/exit strategies, frequently spanning multiple geographic markets throughout North America and around the globe. She utilizes a systematic and documented Process Management approach to maximize the opportunities available in any commercial real estate situation. Deb provides her clients with continuity and accountability via a single point of contact.
Deb believes in a simple formula: deep understanding of the client’s business + analytical analysis (space use & market data) + extensive transaction experience = empowered clients, able to minimize the risk and operational expense of real estate while increasing efficiency and occupant satisfaction. Deb’s list of long-term clients, who rely on her multi-year guidance as their companies expand, contract, consolidate and spin out, is a true testament to her trust-based approach.
Because of Deb’s exhaustive knowledge of life science company drivers and behavior, her input is highly sought after for speaking engagements and developers frequently seek her strategic advice on how to make/keep their projects desirable to users of highly technical space.
Deb is a consistent C&W top producer within the firm and is widely regarded as one of the top life science real estate experts within the company. Because well over 90% of her work is S+T focused, she is nationally recognized as the dominate life science broker in the Southeast thus providing her clients with the highest levels of negotiating power, regardless of size.
- GlobeSt’s Women of Influence Top Brokers in Tenant Representation, 2021
- Real Estate Forum’s 50 Under 40, 2019
- C&W Tenant Advisory Group Excellence in Mentoring Award, 2019
- TCREW Rising Leader, 2019
- Cushman & Wakefield Excellence in Mentoring Award, 2019
- Triangle Business Journal SPACE Award for Largest Flex Lease transaction, 2018
- Cushman & Wakefield Top Producer (2016) and Runner Up (2018 & 2017)
- Cushman & Wakefield Americas Standing Ovation Award, 2016
- Triangle Business Journal 40 Under 40 Leadership Award, 2013
- Cassidy Turley Rising Star, Class of 2013
- Cushman & Wakefield Life Sciences Advisory Group, Americas Co-Lead
- Cushman & Wakefield, Raleigh-Durham Life Science Practice, Lead
- North Carolina Biotechnology Center Life Science Economic Development Advisory Council
- Triangle Commercial Real Estate Women (TCREW)
- Cushman & Wakefield Tenant Advisory Group, Executive Committee, Mentor
- Cushman & Wakefield Industrial Forum
- Council for Entrepreneurial Development
- Aurobindo Pharma
- AveXis, a Novartis Company
- Bayer CropScience
- BioAgilytix Labs
- Braeburn Pharmaceuticals
- Catalent Pharma Solutions
- CRISPR Therapeutics
- DuPont & Pioneer Hi-Bred
- G1 Therapeutics
- Impact Pharma Services
- INTAS / Accord Healthcare
- KBI BioPharma
- Kriya Therapeutics
- Kymanox Corporation
- Lifestar Pharma
- Precison BioSciences
- Velocity Clinical Research
- Tergus Pharma
Deb Boucher and Kathryn Lawn are the Triangle's premier commercial real estate advisory team exclusively focused on the Science and Technology sector.
For Lease • Office
2803 Slater Road, #120
Morrisville, NC 27560