Kevin J. Smith
Executive Managing Director, Asset Services – NY • United States
As Executive Managing Director, Kevin is responsible for growing the Asset Services business in the Northeast Region currently consisting of nearly 70 million square feet. In this role, he focuses on client care, team engagement, cultivating best practices, executing consistent processes and procedures, and recruiting top industry professionals. Additionally, Kevin is directly responsible for the development of Cushman & Wakefield’s US Third Party Asset Management platform.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Kevin served as Head of Asset Management for the office and industrial sector of Nuveen Real Estate, overseeing a $13 billion regional portfolio of nearly 50 million square feet of diverse investment, including prominent assets in major markets such as One Boston Place, 475 Fifth Avenue and 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue. Prior to this role, Kevin held several management positions at TIAA Global Real Estate Investments.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, Iona College
- Co-Captain, American Heart Association 2022 Wall Street Run & Heart Walk
- Chairman, St. Mary’s Annual Fund Drive, 2014 – 2017
- Board of Governors, Real Estate Board of NY, 2017 – 2018
- Advisory Board Member, NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate, 2016 – Present
- Advisory Board Member, VTS, 2017 – 2019
- Advisory Board Member, Wired Score, 2018 – 2019
- Advisory Board Member, Honest Buildings, 2018
- Board Member, Downtown Boston Business Improvement District, 2013-2016