Vice Chair • United States
Mark Gilbert is Vice Chair and Leader of Cushman & Wakefield’s Retail Capital Markets Practice in the Americas. As team leader of Miami’s capital markets team, Mark is responsible for institutional-grade properties with a primary focus on retail assets located throughout the Southeast.
Mark joined Cushman & Wakefield in 1997 and has more than 30 years of experience in commercial real estate investment advisory and capital markets transactions. Mark has completed over 650 real estate sales and financings valued at more than $7.75 billion over the course of his career at C&W for major corporate, institutional, and entrepreneurial owners.
Prior to Cushman & Wakefield, Mr. Gilbert co-founded and served as President and Principal of Venturvest Realty Corporation (“Venturvest”), a regional real estate service organization with offices throughout Florida. In his capacity at Venturvest, Mr. Gilbert was responsible for a portfolio of over four million square feet of property and was successful in completing nearly $1 billion in disposition, financing, and lease transactions from 1992 through 1997. In 2021, Mark left C&W for a brief period to be CEO of ShopCore Properties and returned in May 2022 to re-join his partners Adam Feinstein and Mitch Halpern who he has worked with for twenty-five years.
Mark is married to his wife Belinda for over 33 years, and they have 3 grown children: Stuart, Brett, and Grace.
- Cushman & Wakefield’s Top Producing Broker in Florida
- Cushman & Wakefield’s Top Capital Markets Group Producer in the State of Florida
- Cushman & Wakefield’s Top Capital Markets Group Producer in South Florida
- Top 10 Cushman & Wakefield Capital Markets Broker Nationally
- Top 20 Cushman & Wakefield Capital Markets Broker Nationally
- Service Excellence Awarded to Mr. Gilbert and his Team
• Clarion Partners
• DRA Advisors
• Equity One
• Federal Realty
• Forge Realty
• Global Fund Investments
• Guggenheim Partners
• Jamestown Properties
• Kite Realty
• New England Development
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Accounting
- Florida International University, Master’s Degree, Accounting
- Member of the International Council for Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)