Allied to this the UK government has become the first G7 country to commit to net zero carbon emissions by 2050 at an estimated cost of more than £1trn.
Such investment will have a transformational effect on the UK and will be a major contributor to the decarbonisation of the economy and the energy transition. We have a unique opportunity to play an instrumental part in enabling that transition, and real estate is absolutely fundamental to this.
Cushman & Wakefield provides a wide range of consulting, development and investment advice in the energy and infrastructure sectors. We have particular expertise in Energy, Renewables, Water, Waste, Ports, Airports and Petrochemicals.
The team has deep capital markets knowledge and an understanding of investor requirements enabling us to advise on the optimum structure to finance or refinance your energy and infrastructure projects.
Services & Expertise
We have recently provided consulting and transactional advice on a wide range of high-value, complex and confidential projects of national significance, including:
- Advising on closure and disposal of legacy brownfield land assets following closure of heavy industrial plant such as power stations, water treatment plants, and surplus land at ports and airports.
- Raising low cost real estate equity capital for new project development through leveraging freehold or leasehold structures.
- Refinancing existing infrastructure assets to release capital.
- Land assembly for new infrastructure projects, particularly in energy and renewables.
- Planning and development advice for new projects, and support to planning and DCO process.
- Monetisation of surplus corporate landholdings.
Our clients include RWE, Uniper, EPH, Orsted, Associated British Ports, National Grid, SSE, Shell, Greater London Authority, Innogy, British Airways, HS2, Exxon Mobil, Edinburgh Airport and Rio Tinto.
Want to know more?
If you would like to find out more about our specific expertise or how we could work with your organisation, please contact a member of our Energy and Infrastructure team at any time – we’d be delighted to hear from you.