Head of Life Sciences Agency, UK • United Kingdom
Jamie is an International Partner in the Business Space team Agency team covering the Golden Triangle, Thames Valley, West London and M25 towns. The team have achieved No 1 in the Costar Disposal League Tables for the last 2 years running and has an excellent track record in all aspects of agency & development advice. He also heads the UK Life Science Agency team.
Jamie acts for UK and overseas Institutional Investors, developers and Private Equity Companies in the design & masterplanning, funding, development and leasing of office & Laboratory buildings as well as advising Corporate occupiers on the disposals of surplus land & buildings.
- The Oxford Science Park - Jamie was part of the team who advised Magdalen College on the sale of a 40% share of the College interest held in their endowment fund to GIC. The team successfully leverage the opportunity to achieve a record sale price surpassing the clients expectations and doubling the size of the endowment. He is also retained by Magdalen College as their joint leasing agent for the remaining 0.5m sq ft of development plots.
- Granta Park, Cambridge – Jamie is the lead advisor to Biomed Realty on the leasing of the 1m sq ft estate. Successfully leasing up the available laboratory accommodation during 2021, here is a pipeline of 0.5m sq ft of new lab space coming on line in the next 2-5 years.
- GSK Stevenage – Jamie is the co-lead advisor on the sale of the 33 acre site adjacent to GSK’s 1m sq ft R&D centre where they are in the process of closing a multi-million pound sale of a long leasehold interest to a specialist developer and fund. Jamie ran a comprehensive marketing campaign to a specialist selection of developer/investors in the Life Science field.
- North Quay, Canary Wharf – Jamie successfully lead the international team in a pitch to win the joint agency mandate for the leasing of the first 750,000 sq ft lab building for the recently formed Joint Venture between Kadans and the Canary Wharf Group.
- 2000 Hilswood Drive, Chertsey – Jamie managed the team who advise Astellas on the largest letting in the South East market in 2019 (outside London) to Samsung Electronics and subsequent onward sale to a Korean institutional investor for £60m. It included a simultaneous relocation of Astellas to new premises in Weybridge & Woking totalling 70,000 sq ft. He continues to advise on the development options for the remaining 100,000 sq ft consented plot.
- Wellcome Genome Campus – Jamie was the lead agent in the team tasked with designing and submitting a planning application for a 1.5m sq ft commercial Life Science extension to the World famous Sanger Institute and a 1,500 homes residential estate to support the international scientist community. The team were successful in removing the site from the greenbelt on grounds of being of significant national interest.
- 200 Frimley Business Park – Jamie is in the process of selling a 9 acre site at the front of the Frimley Business Park for Novartis which has become surplus to requirements following their relocation to London. The site is currently under offer.
- Parexel, Uxbridge – Jaimie also advises Life Science occupiers, most recently acquiring a new HQ facility for Parexel at Uxbridge Business Park extending to 20,000s q ft.
- Discovery Park, Kent – Jamie is advising the Landlord on agreeing new terms with Pfizer to remain in their European R&D hub on the South coast. The transaction will total 350,000 sq ft and include high quality laboratory accommodation, pilot plant and specialist CL2 & clean room facilities.