As with 2020, global economies, leasing markets and capital markets will march to the tune of the pandemic situation. The situation remains fluid but encouraging signs are beginning to form that the worst of pandemic’s impact on property is largely behind us. COVID-19 vaccinations are ramping up and economic outlooks are becoming increasingly optimistic. The capital markets enter 2021 with momentum and with several notable tailwinds, including: low interest rates, tremendous capital, attractive yields, strong pent-up demand for assets, and unlike the Great Financial Crisis, investors can see the bottom and are eyeing a synchronized growth scenario that could be in the works.
In this global report, our Chief Economist, our Head of Capital Markets Research and our Head of the Cross-Border Capital Markets group provide a quarter-by-quarter guide to investments in CRE in 2021. In this report, we also discuss:
- A path forward following the roll-out of vaccinations globally
- Which regions and property types will lead the recovery and a guide to timing
- Debt and equity capital and funding availability
- Interest rate and transaction activity outlook
- Investments ideas around the world
When is the greenlight for investors? Download your copy of The Signal Report: Global Guide to CRE Investing in 2021.
Listen to the report: