Specialized Knowledge Across a Global Network
Cushman & Wakefield’s Property Tax Services team handles every aspect of your property tax administration and management to help you minimize property tax obligation, implement strategic property tax planning and reduce administrative burden. We understand the unique complexities of all property types—including retail, office, industrial, multifamily, hotels and special use properties—and we have specialized knowledge of local processes and particular jurisdictional procedures.
Our global network provides data to our global research team that tracks market fundamentals and prepares real estate trends, forecasts, occupancy cost benchmarking, market entry advice and peer group studies to help inform your business decisions. We also tap into our extensive brokerage and appraisal services for real-time leasing, sales and development information that may impact the market, and your properties. Our capabilities also include:
- Prepare, file and negotiate assessment appeals
- Provide expert valuation representation when negotiating with assessing authorities and appearing before tribunals or courts
- Oversee litigation process, including participation in negotiations
Property Tax Forecasting
- Project annual assessments and tax liability
- Estimate change in property tax liability based upon potential acquisition, new construction or other physical or economic change.